XFINITY® AIRBNB.COM CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES (“U.S.”) AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (excluding residents of Alaska, HAWAII, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) WHO ARE AGED TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY AND MEMBERS OF AIRBNB.COM.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The XFINITY airbnb.com Contest (the “Contest”) begins on March 18, 2014 at 8:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 21, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the "Contest Period").
2. Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of the contiguous U.S. and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are aged twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, agents, officers and directors of Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC (“Sponsor”), teamDigital Promotions, LLC (“Administrator”), Airbnb, LLC (“Prize Provider”), Home Box Office, Inc. (“HBO”) (collectively with Sponsor, the “Contest Entities”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, divisions, representatives, contractors, and advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) and their immediate families (parents, spouses, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories, possessions and where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The information you provide as detailed below will only be used for Contest purposes.
3. TO ENTER: If you are a current airbnb.com member, you may enter the Contest by visiting airbnb.com (the "Web Site"), clicking on the Contest button and signing in with your airbnb.com username and password. If you are not a current airbnb.com member, you may enter the Contest by visiting the Web Site and clicking on the ‘Sign Up’ link at the top of the page. Registration is free. After signing–in, which is free, you will automatically proceed to the Contest Registration page where you will be required to follow the instructions provided to fully complete and submit the Entry Form, including the following:
1) Selection of one (1) of the following three (3) shows (each, a “Show Category”) in which their submission is most relevant: a) Game of Thrones, (b) Boardwalk Empire, or (c) The Wire.
2) Completion of an essay consisting of 300 words or fewer (“Essay”), in English, answering the following question: Why are you the biggest fan of your selected Show Category?
The Show Category, Essay and Entry Form will be collectively referred to herein as the “Entry”. All Entries must: 1) Be the original creation of the Entrant; 2) Not have won any type of previous recognition awards (regardless of compensation); 3) Not have been previously published or produced in any fashion (regardless of compensation); 4) Not infringe on any third-party rights; 5) Be suitable for publication as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor; and 6) Not include any obscenity, profanity, racist themes or material that is sexually oriented or comments regarding sexual orientation, explicit, suggestive or exploits people in a sexual or violent manner. Any Entry deemed inappropriate, pornographic, lewd, offensive or inappropriate for any reason, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, will not be considered. Modification of an existing work does not qualify as original. In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrant must comply with the Entry instructions and each Entry submitted must meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. Once submitted, an Entry cannot be deleted, canceled, or modified.
Limit one (1) Entry per person, per household and per email address throughout the Contest Period, regardless of Show Category selected. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof (to Released Parties satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Released Parties. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, garbled, undelivered, inaccurate or misdirected Entries or essays; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, Internet Service Provider (ISP), cable, satellite, server or other connections including those through www.airbnb.com; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of this Contest, the processing or judging of Entries or essays, the announcement of the prizes, or in any other Contest-related materials. The use of automated entry or similar devices as specifically set forth above, is prohibited and Entries through such prohibited devices are void. By entering this Contest, Entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, email and/or postal mail for the purpose of this Contest only. By entering, each person submitting an Entry warrants and represents that his/her Entry does not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Such persons further warrant and represent that: (1) Sponsor shall own the Entry (and all material embodied therein); (2) that by entering, the entrant person submitting the Entry irrevocably assigns to Sponsor and its designees any and all rights, title and interest in the Entry including but not limited to all intellectual property rights therein; (3) that Sponsor and its designees shall have, without limitation, the perpetual, right, but not the obligation, worldwide to edit, adapt, modify, publish, exploit and use the Entry in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration, notification or permission of Entrants, the winners or any third parties or, at its discretion, remove any Entries; and 4) they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or featured in their Entry and, if their Entry is determined a winner, agrees to provide legal releases for the use of such reference or image in a form satisfactory to Sponsor.
NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple names or email accounts or other tactics to register or enter more than the stated limits may result in the disqualification by the judges or Sponsor from the Contest and all associated registrations and/or Entries will be void. Registrations and Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to subvert the registration or entry process will be void.
4. JUDGING: All eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period will be judged based on the criteria outlined below. One (1) Entry per Show Category (for a total of three (3) Entries) will be determined a potential winner on or about March 24, 2014. Administrator, whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, will judge each Entry based on the following criteria: 1) Originality of story (0-25 points); 2) Content and inspirational quality of story (0-25 points); 3) Knowledge of Show Category selected (0-25 points); and 4) Suitability of story for advertising and publicity (0-25 points). In the event of a tie for any given Show Category, such tied Entries will be re-judged based on the following criteria: Content and inspirational quality of story: 0-100 points. The one (1) entrant from each Show Category who submitted the highest scoring Entry for their respective Show Category (for a total of three (3) entrants), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed potential Grand Prize winners (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules) and will be contacted by email and/or telephone and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release of Liability and (where legal) a Publicity Release within 24-hours of time/date of issuance of notification. Noncompliance with the foregoing, with these Official Rules or any notification being returned as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, a runner-up being notified for the applicable Show Category. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than three (3) Grand Prize winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries for any Show Category.
Three (3) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Show Category):
Game of Thrones Grand Prize Winner: Trip for Grand Prize winner plus one (1) guest to stay at the AirBnB Inc. featured property in San Francisco, CA. This prize package consists of the following elements for Grand Prize Winner and Guest: [a] round-trip coach class air transportation from the major U.S. gateway airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to a major U.S. gateway airport in or near San Francisco, CA; and [b] hotel accommodations (one standard rooms/single occupancy, room and tax only) for five (5) days and four (4) nights at designated AirBnB Inc. rental property. Exact featured property selected to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Trip must be taken on March 31, 2014 to April 4, 2014. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Games of Thrones Grand Prize: $3,100.
Boardwalk Empire Grand Prize Winner: Trip for Grand Prize winner plus one (1) guest to stay at the AirBnB Inc. featured property in Chicago, IL. This prize package consists of the following elements for Grand Prize Winner and Guest: [a] round-trip coach class air transportation from the major U.S. gateway airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to a major U.S. gateway airport in or near Chicago, IL; and [b] hotel accommodations (one standard rooms/single occupancy, room and tax only) for five (5) days and four (4) nights at designated AirBnB Inc. rental property. Exact featured property selected to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Trip must be taken on March 31, 2014 to April 4, 2014. ARV of Boardwalk Empire Grand Prize: $3,000.
The Wire Grand Prize Winner: Trip for Grand Prize winner plus one (1) guest to stay at the AirBnB Inc. featured property in Baltimore, MD. This prize package consists of the following elements for Grand Prize Winner and Guest: [a] round-trip coach class air transportation from the major U.S. gateway airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to a major U.S. gateway airport in or near Baltimore, MD; and [b] hotel accommodations (one standard rooms/single occupancy, room and tax only) for five (5) days and four (4) nights at designated AirBnB Inc. rental property. Exact featured property selected to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Trip must be taken on March 31, 2014 to April 4, 2014. ARV of The Wire Grand Prize: $2,500.
6. PRIZE Details: All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any prize depiction is for illustrative purposes only. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being provided, including, but not limited to, any ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, gratuities, excursions and souvenirs. Winners will receive an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 for the ARV of the Prize for the tax year in which Prize was awarded. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Contest: $8,600. All prizes awarded are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in place of air transportation if any winner lives within a 100 mile radius of trip destination, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and to award no additional compensation or substitution for the difference in prize value in such event.
Grand Prize Winners and their respective Guests must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any/all necessary documents (including but not limited to passports and/or valid photo I.D.) prior to departure. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Guests must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of date of trip departure. Guest must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability. Travel dates are subject to Sponsor’s approval. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, are not valid for upgrades, and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel may not be combined with any other offer and may not qualify for frequent flier miles.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost or mutilated travel documents or tickets and none will be replaced. Grand Prize Winners and their respective Guests must agree to comply with all regulations in connection with the Prize. All travel will be at the risk of the respective Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest. Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other changes by any company or person providing any element of Prize and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof.
If any Grand Prize Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize Trip or not invite a Guest, such Prize Trip will be awarded to the applicable Winner and any remainder of the Prize Trip will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
7. PRIZE AWARDING & NOTIFICATION: Limit one (1) prize per person and per household. No transfers, cash awards, or prize substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct an AirBnB Inc. rental property verification check and/or background check of any and all records of Grand Prize winners, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, Grand Prize Winners shall authorize this background check. Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by Grand Prize Winners in his/her interview. In that regard, Grand Prize Winners will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that Sponsor may conduct such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any Grand Prize winner from any prize element, based on the verification/background check.
If a potential Winner cannot be contacted; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to return the required documents within the specified time period, if prize notification is returned as undeliverable; if a potential Winner decides to decline his/her prize for any reason whatsoever; or if a potential Winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to the next runner-up for the applicable Show Category, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. General: Participants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winners, by accepting a prize, consent to the use of their name, city and state of residence, photographs and/or video footage for any advertising, promotional or other purpose by Sponsor and its designees (“Advertising”), in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. In addition, Winners may be requested to participate in additional social media efforts and other advertising supporting the prize they have been awarded in this Contest, and may be subject to a participation agreement. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor or its licensors and winning participants hereby disclaim and waive any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under control of Sponsor or its licensors, and Winners hereby waive any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of Winner’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort or any other theory of law.
All participants agree, as a condition of participation in this Contest, that Released Parties are not liable for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly in connection with accessing the Web Site, participation in any aspect of this Contest or the acceptance, possession, and use of the applicable prizes awarded (including any travel/activity related thereto).
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person and void Entries of any person who it believes has tampered with the entry process or any other component of this Contest, whose conduct or actions affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Contest, or who is in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect registrations or Contest Entries and/or to cancel this Contest (or portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest or for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor and, in the event the Contest is cancelled, at its discretion, select the potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible, non-suspect Contest Entries received for each Show Category prior to event requiring such action using the judging criteria identified above. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, Entries will be deemed to be made by the participant whose name is on the Entry Form, regardless of whether he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Contest Entry. CAUTION: Any attempt to damage the Web Site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This Contest is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning). Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
9. LIST OF Winners: For the names of the winners, available after April 30, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by May 30, 2014 to: XFINITY Airbnb.com Contest Winners, P.O. Box 13198, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3198. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
10. Sponsor: Comcast Cable Communications Management LLC, One Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19103.
11. ADMINISTRATOR: teamDigital Promotions, LLC, 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801 www.teamDigital.com.
HBO is not a participant in or sponsor of this Contest.